AOL chief exec Tim Armstrong said in a 9-minute conference call this morning that 40% of the Patch workforce will lose their jobs today. (That’s about 480 people.) No questions were taken during the call.
A tipster emails: “Regarding the call, the most telling thing was the song ‘Stormy Weather’ playing before the call got going.”
Patchers: Email me your tips and observations.
A tipster emails:
It seems HQ has organized employees into three groups:
– people staying on
– people getting laid off with two months severance
– people staying until Oct. 15. severance status unclear.
Report: All Patch sales people in Iowa, Missouri and Minnesota are out. (@foleymo)
* Enfield Patch editor: “I need to tell all of my faithful readers…” (facebook.com)
* More Patch editor farewells from…. James Kleimann (Ridgewood-Glennrock), and Mark Maley (Milwaukee).
- Here’s The Story Of How AOL Fired 350 Patch Employees Today (AOL) (businessinsider.com)